Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And I say to myself....What A Wonderful world!!!



So as you know by now I love all genres of Art, you name it and I did it or have it on my to do list. Maybe this is the reason I am never bored....I am serious.   This week I had a blast taking photos and revisiting pictures that I have in my collection already.  It never ceases to amaze me how even the most insignificant, drab, or uninteresting subject matter can become majestic when it is artfully photographed. Once in a while its not even intentional, its almost as if for that one moment, the planets align and "snap!" magic happens.

Some of these were shot in Miami and let me tell you, I appreciate Florida so much more now that I live in Atlanta.  Don't get me wrong, I love it here, there is just a distinct difference in the landscape and scenery.
As a native of the Bahamas, I am accustomed to ocean, beach and tropical weather so this is a real experience for me.  At the moment Atlanta is alive with fall colors, it is so so beautiful. The trees are arrayed in reds, yellows, rust, dirty browns, crimsons and all the colors in-between.  Every time I look outside or take a walk I literally feel blessed to be alive and able to enjoy all this.  It is truly inspiring .  No kidding, I have tons of projects I am planning to do with the abundance of gorgeous fall leaves I collected.


Well without further ado, here is some of my favorite photographs that I shot recently and also a couple that my brother, Marlon shot in the Bahamas as well. Of course all of of these can be framed, grouped in a collection and displayed in your home or you can actually sell or show your photos in a gallery.  You never know where this will take you once you start doing this as a hobby.  The most important thing to remember is to take pictures of things that interest you, be inventive, try different angles and lighting and most importantly, have fun!!!!

Check out these amazing photo ideas.
http://poppytalk.blogspot.com/2009/03/for-scrapbook.html

www.veranda.com/room-decorating/houston-dramatic-decor-1208





No comments: