Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

No Fear Holiday Glamour

Christmas hands down is my favorite holiday! How could it not be? Once a year I get a free pass to:

  • Decorate my home like a palace or mini toy land, no questions asked
  • Eat all my favorite foods in ridiculously large portions of course since its Christmas
  • Have fun with family and friends......tell off said family and friends, no worries since its the wine! 
  • Get days off from work
  • Have people shower me with gifts while looking exceptionally fierce in my new outfit.  
As you probably can tell, I totally enjoy just about every aspect of this season, even the crazed panic shopping that occurs when we forget a gift a day or two before Christmas.  As you know, if you've ever braved the "stampede" at your local mall on Christmas eve, this is not for the faint of heart. 


One of the reasons we all shop so much is to buy the items we need to create the look and feel we want for our home or residence.   This look and feeling or AMBIENCE is vitally important.  From the front door to the back you want your guest to feel welcome and full of holiday cheer!  One of the easiest ways to accomplish this is to think of the 5 senses.  Hearing, Tasting, Touch, Smell, Sight. This is what stimulates the average human being and enables us to enjoy an experience.  

SMELL:  Vanilla candles, fresh flowers, cinnamon sticks, and fresh apple pies are all distinct aromas that foster a sense of well being and welcome in a home.


TASTE:  Freshly baked cookies, wine, turkey, ham and all the trimmings are definitely a favorite on this special occasion.





SIGHT:  From a wreath on the front door to the Christmas tree and other festive decoration inside your home, nothing says Christmas better than lights, sparkle and fresh pine!


HEARING:  Classic Christmas  music, I personally love anything by Nat King Cole

TOUCH:  There is nothing better than a good welcome hug!

Holiday decorating does not have to be complicated, it could be as simple as arranging a few candles on a table with some holly leaves or fresh pine.  Now how easy is that, in the end its all about the ambience.

Here are a few links to inspire your holiday decorating:







7 comments:

Pauline said...

This blog has inspired me to really go all out and decorate my home for this wonderful season. Thank you Wanda and Beauty & the Green. It is a breath of fresh air and it makes me feel at home. Happy Christmas to everyone. ENJOY!!!

Deana said...

Thanks for the links and what beautiful pictures! Oh, and I am one of the faint at heart too who just love getting right in the nitty gritty of crazed shopping:)

Great blog! I'm following you from MBC

www.momstheglue.blogspot.com
www.deanabarnhart.blogspot.com

The White Whimsies said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog. I am returning the favor. Have a great day!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from MBC!

Would love for you to stop by and return the favor :)
Cristi
http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

Sofia said...

okay, i might just well be the last person to put out christmas decor... i should get my gear in work! :)

Lilliput Cottage said...

What a beautiful inspiration for the Holidays! I'm a new follower from MBC, I hope you'll stop by my blog:
http://lilliputcottage.blogspot.com/
Kim

Ember said...

Thanks for stopping by Remember Ember! I'm now a follower here! Can't wait to read more!

Ember