Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Fabulous Finds Of The Week!

Whenever I get even a few minutes of down time, my guilty pleasure is browsing the net for beautiful things.  Since I adore one-of-a-kind handmade items, Etsy is my playground.  This site is home to some of the most talented and creative people on the planet. Well, as usual, Etsy did not disappoint.  Check out the goodies I found!


I am a sucker for texture and a pop of well placed color so these plates and bowls had me at hello! Are you kidding! 




















These original porcelain pieces were made by Lois Aronow with careful attention to form, function, color and texture. They are visually stunning and very practical. You can put them in the dishwasher just like any other dish! Now how about that!
Visit the store for more information. 





 Now its not every day that I come across an artist with the same love and passion for glass that I have and who also creates pieces that I would trade my pinky finger for.  Well, almost.  Take a look at these beauties and you will see why I am tempted!  

These amazing looking wall pieces were made by Michelle Prosek  and was inspired by organic forms in nature, the clean lines of geometry, and architecture.  Michelle enjoys pushing the boundaries of what glass can do and she is an inspiration to me as an artist.  Quite simply, she rocks!


Check out Michelle's etsy shop or her personal website for more info.


2 comments:

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

I love the wall pieces. So lovely!

Becca said...

oooooo I looooove the dishes! I am obsessed with dishes! those are gorgeous. Never even thought to check out etsy for that kind of stuff. I also browse the internet for pretty things! One thing I miss the most about living in the U.S is the luxury of finding home goods at such great prices. I'm limited to ikea and online shopping for the mosst part.