Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Follow Your Dream


Even in my earliest memories, I recall that I always wanted "more" from my life.  More fun, adventure, love, laughter, education, freedom and more creativity especially.  I am an optimist at heart so I believe its possible to achieve all that you desire as long as you are willing to work for it.  For some people success is "all about the Benjamins"  but that has never been my focus, perhaps to my own detriment.  Its been 10 years since I decided to follow my dream and live my life with NO REGRETS.  What a ride! First stop, come to America and study for a Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic design. Check.  It took me 4.5 grueling years to do mostly out of pocket but its done nonetheless. Next up,  Start my own company. Check.  Its still a baby but its my baby.  The next thing on my list was to move here to Georgia. Well, thankfully I was able to put a check mark to that on July 16th, 2010.  I have never cried or laughed more than in these last ten years. My life is exciting, fulfilling and challenging and despite the doubters, haters and many obstacles I face, I am still determined to reach my goals. Every single one of them.

One thing I have learned along the way is who my real friends and supporters are, it has truly been a blessing in my life. It is often said that hard times reveal character and I totally agree. It not only reveals your true character but also the characters of the people around you as well. I am grateful every day for my small inner circle of friends and family who have been there for me.  There is nothing I wouldn't do for them.


My next gaol is to launch my fashion line (Wanda Mcphee) in the fall of this year.  There is so much to do and so little time and money but I know God will make a way.  I truly believe in my vision and God's ability to bless and sustain it so I am excited to see how everything will work out.  There is nothing impossible with God. You do not have to settle for less than what you want out of life.  Figure out what you want, make a plan, and as of now start making steps toward it.  Even baby steps is progress. I know this from experience.

 If you are reading this and can identify with my life and struggles, be encouraged.  Each new day is a another opportunity for something wonderful to happen in your life.  NEVER GIVE UP.  I'll see you at the top.

(All art pictured in this post is my own and is a small taste of what is to come later in the year)

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You must have a Dream in order to make it come true! Good for you!

Miss Sara said...

I can relate w/ your post here... It's taken me a lot of time & a lot of struggle to get where I am today, but it's all been for a reason. The goals that I've had are now coming to light... I finally feel as though I'm on the right path, the narrow path. All things truly are possible w/ God. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Found you through MBC you have so much talent what a gift!
Blessings to you!

Cheryl @ On the Old Path said...

I found your blog through MBC. You have so much talent what a gift. Blessings to you!!!

Danielle said...

You found me through MBC and im now following your blog. You are so talented and I love your designs. Cant wait to see more!