Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Lamb and chick pea salad, my new fav!


I love salads so am always on the lookout for new recipes to try.  When I found this one on womansday.com I literally stopped in my tracks.  I mean look at this!  It is drool worthy. This salad is my new favorite, try it and let me know what you think!  
INGREDIENTS


2 zucchini, sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded, sliced
180g lamb fillet
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
420g cans chick peas, drained, rinsed
50g baby spinach leaves
¼ cup roughly chopped fat free semi-dried tomatoes
2 wholemeal pita bread, toasted
DRESSING:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed

METHOD

  1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C . Line 2 oven dishes with baking paper.
  2. Arrange zucchini and capsicum in single layer in dish. Spray lightly with oil. Season to taste. Bake 30 minutes until softened and lightly golden.
  3. Meanwhile, place lamb in second dish. Spray with oil and season to taste. Bake 15-20 minutes. Rest, covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
  4. DRESSING: In a jug, whisk all ingredients together.
  5. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, chickpeas, lamb, spinach and tomatoes. Drizzle over dressing. Toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve torn pita bread.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, it does look good! I'd try it with beef or chicken though, since I'm not a big lamb fan.

Johanna said...

That looks so tasty, have to try it. Following you from Mom Blog, would love for you to follow back, at http://www.momstreehouse.com/. : )