Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bird Powered Fashion & Decor Ideas


One of my dearest and best friends is hopelessly head over heels in love with birds.  She is so enthralled will them that every time I see a bird or anything pertaining to a bird I think of her. Over the last ten years of our friendship I myself have developed an even deeper appreciation for our feathered friends because of my friend Pauline.  She was right, birds are amazing.




From Fashion and Art to Science and Technology, birds have been an important source of inspiration for many centuries.  And since there are so many different types of birds and color variations, its easy to see why people all over the world are so fascinated by them.

Whether its a piece of Art, a bird's nest, or even a bird inspired color like robin's egg blue, adding a bird related piece/motif is a great way to bring a little bit of the outdoors inside.  Also, its simply gorgeous and a wonderful way to add texture and a pop of color to your decor. So, if someone gives you "the bird" in the future, don't get so offended......after all birds are fabulous!









The pictures in this post is courtesy of:  

7 comments:

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

I love the picture frames and the wall dividers. You really have an eye for fabulous things!

Becca said...

I'm really loving the color purple right now! And actually pottery barn has some pillows that have a peacock ish pattern and Im soooooo in love with them! Not a fan of birds in real life. Something about a pointy beak and beady eyes freaks me out, lol. BUT in fashion and pictures I like birds just fine :)

BTW gave you a stylish blog award on my recent post :)

mangocheeks said...

Fantastic colours.

Shanda said...

This is soooo funny. I came back to your blog and saw this photo. It's mine!!! I took it last year in Zimbabwe and put it on my blog early this year! I didn't realize it was going around. I did realize after that I should have put my name on it but didn't know those thing then!!!

Mereana said...

Hi there, love your post! I've linked to it in my latest blog post, hope that is okay :)

Mereana
http://homebecomesher.blogspot.co.nz/

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Los angeles! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI,
just 3G .. Anyhow, excellent blog!

Check out my page :: Storage Dayton

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I love your web site!

My web page Buy lift and glow pro