Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trash to Treasure Accent Chairs



Every time I see an old chair with good bones, I instantly turn into Smeagol from Lord Of The Rings totally obsessed with "the precious".   Its true.  I know it sounds crazy but no matter how beaten up the chair is, in my head I see it all decked out in fine fabric and looking fabulous.  Like the reupholstered chair above for instance. I love this chair.  How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....



Think about it.  You can take an old battered chair with little or no value and give it a whole new life.   Am getting drunk with power just thinking about it.  There are no limits to what one can do with a little fabric and paint. Just take a look at these make overs and you will see what I mean. Enjoy and be inspired!




Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader Melissa


Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader Teresa


Chair Makeover by Jessica Jones 




Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader jennifer

I found this chart online and its so useful I just had to share.  It shows different types of chairs and the amount of fabric it would take to cover each piece.   

For a tutorial on doing your own chair makeover visit curbly





13 comments:

Shelly said...

Just stopped by to follow from the Keeping company Thursday! I LOVE your blog! DO you finish chairs?? They look awesome! :)

Beauty and the Green said...

Thanks for stopping by! Yes I do like reupholstering chairs but so far only for myself. Its a lot of fun!

Sleppery said...

Oh wow...the white with the trees. That's so cool.

MissMOE said...

Love, love, love the fabric on the first chair and the black and white one! May I ask where you picked up your fabric? New follower from MBC--feel free to check out my blog: http://missmoe-thesearethedaysofmylife.blogspot.com/

Beauty and the Green said...

I know, the fabric is just gorgeous. These are not done by me, the links to the sites where I found them are under each chair on the post. Thanks for visiting BATG!

Tonya Peele said...

Your blog is awesome! You have such an eye for beautiful jaw-dropping designs!

Suzanne said...

What is it about these transformations that just speak to us women!!

I value all the ways we can help our planet (recycling/consignment stores etc.)

And think about how creative we have to be to make something old, new again! Such a worthy cause.

Thanks for sharing, now I have to go upholster a chair somewhere! ;)

Every Day Products & More said...

stopping by from mbc
http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

Saving Creatively said...

These are beautiful! You are giving me hope for a few chairs I found last summer at a garage sale. Thanks! Following from MBC. Please stop by my blog if you have a few minutes www.savingcreatively.com

Shelly said...

Hi there, stopping by from MBC. New follower. Have a great day!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

wow... the "after" chairs look amazing.

Kathy said...

I love your bolg! What fun! Great makeovers! I am a new follower from MBC. Stop by for a visit
www.mydishwasherspossessed.blogspot.com I'm glad I found you.

Jodi said...

I’m your newest follower from MBC. Great site! You can check me out at http://www.theecoblogger.com and join me on FB too http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jodi-Lee-EcoWarrior/172740309414167 Cheers,
Jodi