Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Enter The Dragon......fliy


If I had to choose a creature that I feel most connected to, it would be the dragonfly. I don't exactly recall how it all started but for as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with them.  As time passed, I started noticing very peculiar behavior and occurrences involving my little friends.  I'll explain.  Generally I am a pretty happy person but occasionally I have bad days just like everyone else. On those days, I kid you not, the dragonflies would show up in abundance.  The strange thing is, they would appear on my door step, fly into my home or quite a few of them would just hang out in my yard.  Never the neighbor's, just me.





There are two incredible incidences involving dragonflies that I will  never forget.  Three years ago I had had a very beloved family member pass away and naturally, I was heart broken and really sad.  The day after the funeral, I went outside to walk my dog and I was in shock at what I saw.  There were huge colorful dragonflies everywhere, my dog was so confused, he couldn't figure out which one to chase.  There were hundreds of them and they were flying all around me.  I am sure this will probably be the first and only time I experience something like this.  The other incidence was eight years ago when I was going through a very hard time financially.  It was so stressful that I had headaches almost daily. I am a praying person so I clung to my faith and belief that God would help me get through it all.  One day I began to hear a insistent buzzing sound coming from my bedroom.  I went to check it out but on further inspection discovered that the noise was coming from inside my jewelry box.  Since the box has a lock on it I was a little perplexed as to what could be in the box making a sound like that.  I figured it had to be a phone or something mechanical?  Well, eventually curiousity overcame fear and I opened the box slowly............ and I literally almost passed out.  Inside the box was a huge blue -green iridescent dragonfly.  Time froze, I  stood there in total shock for quite a while.  Finally when I had collected myself a little, I asked my son to release him back into nature.  To this day I think about that.



Dragonfly Symbolism



On my covet list.


I often joke about my heritage because its so varied and rich.  I am Bahamian (from the Bahamas), Jamaican, African and Native American.  Above all though I am a child of God.  I honestly believe that if God knows how many hairs are on my head surely he knows am crazy about dragonflies.  Perhaps its just his way of doing something that he knows will speak to who I am as a person. Something just for me.  So, every time I see a dragonfly its like a little message from God.  The message is always the same, "You are special and loved!"






I love this pillow!
How gorgeous is this bracelet!! Lol, Its on my husband's "honey do" list.




Luv!!!!










5 comments:

Kathy said...

Great post! I love it when we get signs from above! I love the dragonfly china and the purse! Take care!

Stuff Parents Need said...

Those are awesome stories! no doubt, the dragonfly is meant to be a special sign for you! So cool!

Sonia said...

lovely pictures, following u from MBC:
http://www.soniakathuria2010.blogspot.com/

Mama Wright said...

I love this post. That is so unique and special!!

Mama Wright said...

Saw this post today! How crazy and ironic lol
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/free-pattern-little-dragonfly-softie/2011/03/25/