Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Gingham......This check will never bounce



There is something about Gingham that is so sweet and nostalgic that you just fall in love with it.  And trust me, once you buy a piece of this fabric, you'll want it in every color.

 Now, I know that this look is not easy to pull of but if done right, gingham can be very chic and even trendy.  Its all a matter of how you accessorize and style it.


Here's some beautiful gingham fashion and decor pieces that I really like, enjoy!




Gingham is a great way to introduce pattern to your wardrobe or decor.  It is a true classic and because of its neutral two color palette, it is easy to integrate into both your closet and decor.  Gingham is very reasonable and versatile.  It has been around since the 17th century and I would venture to say, its "here for the long haul."



One of my favorite things about this fabric is that it is so light and airy, which makes it perfect for Spring and Summer.  


The first lady in a beautiful gingham skirt.



I love this whole look, the shorts are uber stylish!



How ingenious is this.  Use gingham fabric to cover your head board and sew some tiebacks at the side (could be ribbon if you choose) and viola!, you have a new look! What's really great about this is, you can swap out the fabric whenever you like.  (please note: works best on rectangular and square head boards)



Just imagine this blouse with skinny jeans and heels.......



I absolutely adore this jacket.



This dress is all kinds of fabulous!



This blouse is on my list of things to purchase.



Even if you are not a gingham fan, its hard to resist this head board.  Its simply divine.


Lol, I think Dorothy was on to something.........dont you think?



To see more gorgeous gingham products check out these links:

www.urbanoutfitters.com






9 comments:

Kathy said...

I love gingham too! My daughters cribe set was pink gingham, and we still use a gingham valance in her room! Those shoes are great!!! I always love my visits to your great blog!

Beauty and the Green said...

Thanks Kathy!, I know, gingham is just fabulous. Its always a pleasure to have you visit BATG.

Diane said...

You're right. There is just something about gingham. Love it! Great finds too!

MG said...

You are right, there's just something about gingham. I made curtains for my first daughter's nursery with yellow gingham fabric! You found some super cute clothes too!

Lioness said...

I like your post. This is an interesting blog.

I hop you stop by my blog sometime.

lionessrebirthorg.blogspot.com


Lioness

Steph @ MomKaboodle said...

So cute! I do love gingham in decorations....not so sure I could pull off wearing it. (and definitely not in the Dorothy kind of way, lol!)

I'm your newest follower from MBC!

Dmarie said...

fabulous collection of pics. love gingham and seersucker makes me swoon. can it really be that spring is upon us?

~Alfie~ said...

What a great post! Following you from MBC...please stop by my site.
http://reflectandrealize.blogspot.com/

Connie C said...

Hi from your newest follower on GFC from MBC. Wonderful Blog you have. When you get the time please check out my blog and return the follow.

http://threwourtearsandlaughter.blogspot.com/


Thank You,

Connie C