Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Swoon Worthy Mosaic Tables & Mirrors



I cannot tell you how much I adore mosaics.  Now, I know some of them can look a little busy or dated but when you find a good piece, its truly a "shut the front door!" moment.  Mosaics can look modern, vintage, romantic and so much more. Its kinda like cooking.........You choose the ingredients and make it work!  It is your personal style that gives the mosaic or anything you create its very own flavor.   




What is Mosaic?

A Mosaic is an image or design, where small pieces of media such as glass, tiles, shells, and much more are placed together with space showing between them. The goal here is to make an image or design from lots of broken pieces.  Sometimes the space left is filled with grout, however, grouting is optional. In ancient Greece, nearly 4000 years ago  exquisite mosaic tiled floors, walls and ceilings were very popular.  Some of these exceptional designs still exist today. And, as expected they are much revered for their beauty and skilled craftsmanship. 




Over the years the art of using mosaic decor has evolved from floors and walls to mirrors, plates, wall hangings and even signs.  In this post I included some of the pieces that I covet love. 














Well, I certainly hope you enjoyed the eye candy.  Hopefully this post gave you a new perspective on mosaics too. 



I'll catch you later, I have a date with an old table, white paint and a box of glass tiles!



















9 comments:

I AM Curly Locks said...

So much inspiration....thank you for sharing...can't wait to look through your blog more fellow curly.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

OneBlonde said...

WOW those tables are GORGEOUS...i'd be afraid to eat at them lol

Kathy said...

Lovely! Thank you for the eye candy, the pieces are gorgeous! I hope you show whatever you create! I always love to visit your blog. Thanks!

Gifts By Katherine said...

Swooning! What a great post love the photos!Thank you for being a follower of Katherines Gifts. I recently merged the blog and the website into GiftsByKatherine.com. I extend my hand and invitation for you to join me there. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs from Katherine

Oliver Bliss said...

These are absolutely stunning I want for every room!

Beauty and the Green said...

Lol, I know, I feel the same way.

Maryann said...

These tables are delicious - would love to have one and enjoy the beauty all the time! Can you imagine a meal at one of these? They would make any food look better and probably taste better too! Can't wait to see your creation!

Beauty and the Green said...

Lol, with a table looking this fabulous, the food better be good!

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I
genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend
any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
Thanks!

My webpage; www (http://www.supernova.com)