Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Most Memorable Iconic Wedding Dresses


Last Friday I woke up at 5:00 in the am, bleary eyed but excited to watch history in the making once again.  This would be the second royal wedding I would witness since princess Diana's wedding in 1981.  Although I had not been following any of the hype and media drama that preceded the event, I knew that I just couldn't miss seeing prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding when the day finally came.

For me having grown up in the English culture, I wanted to be a part of the moment. Not to mention the fact that I am a helpless romantic and I love a good wedding anyway.  Where else can you get fashion, glamour and romance in one sitting?   I was intrigued to say the least.

The wedding did not disappoint.   I was floored by the dress, it was exquisite!  And the bride, Katherine Middleton couldn't have been more beautiful and graceful.  The best part about it is how she made it all look so effortless.  They called her a "commoner" prior to her becoming a princess, but there is nothing common about this woman.  She is truly a class act.

After watching the wedding I couldn't get that dress out my head.  To get my fix appease myself I compiled pictures of the most memorable iconic wedding dresses to date. Grace Kelly's is my absolute all time favorite. Catherine Middleton's is now second on my list.

And the nominees for most memorable, iconic wedding dresses are..... 

Prince William And Kate Middleton's Wedding
4.29.2011 









Prince Charles And Diana's Wedding
7.29.1981






 John F. Kennedy, Jr and Jacqueline Bouvier's Wedding
9.12.1953







 Prince Rainier III And Grace Kelly's Wedding
April 1956


















7 comments:

Kathy said...

I love weddings too! Thank you for such a great treat!!! My daughter and I enjoyed watching the wedding. Princess Katherine did look stunning. I loved her dress and she looked so at ease and so happy, it was great fun to watch! All the dresses you chose are gorgeous, although I have never been a fan of Dianna's dress, she was a lovely bride. Thanks again for some fun!

Mama Wright said...

So excited to be able to read your blog again FINALLY! LOVE this post! I had a princess tea party and it was so fun :) Kate was gorgeous!

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

I love all things weddings! LOL. Her dress was nothing short of amazing! She looked beautiful and so so stunning.

Cricket Smith of Tripping Tuesdays said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog's cookie recipe. I'm following you too! :-)

Stacey Donaldson said...

They are all so beautiful! I am a bit partial to Jackie Kennedy though :-)

Thanks for dropping by my fledgling blog ~ I really appreciate it!

Victoria's Voice said...

They are all gorgeous! Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog. I am returning the follow love. Have an excellent evening!

Vickie

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Hi There! I'm your newest follower from MBC! Hope you can swing by and return the favor:) http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com