Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

True Confessions Of A Decoupage Addict


My name is Wanda and I am a decoupage addict.  You see, it all started when I did my first post on decoupage I had no idea how deep I would fall in love with this craft.  And I certainly didn't know that I would crave it, and want to do it every chance I get.

 As I got deeper into my addiction, I started using more and more.....magazine paper, cereal, boxes, labels, receipts, old books, vintage images, I used them all.  I was totally hooked!.  

Then I starting seeing things I never noticed before.  
Colors and textures in the most unlikely places...

I would see a cereal box or the print on a receipt and I would go "aha! that would be perfect on a collage".  No kidding.  Now, I see potential everywhere.  Whether its an image, a scrap of paper, or simply being inspired by my surroundings, I am in hyper creative mode......and lovin it!   

Now I know that addictions are traumatic and sometimes require interventions, but don't worry about me, my addiction has no side affects except for one.  I just can't stop smiling..... 


Made from fashion magazines and acrylic paint


Made from home decor magazines, labels and acrylic paint


Made from fashion and decor magazines, accented with acrylic paint


This one I made on the day Oprah aired her last show.  I guess it was therapy? lol.


For more on my art check out www.heavensentart.etsy.com

Cherio!








2 comments:

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Wow... the one you made of Oprah is so awesome! I wish I was that crafty!!! And I think you put it in a great location too.

Montreal Fashion Moms said...

Those are awesome! Great work! Its always good when you find a hobby that keeps you inspired, and always smiling. :)

~ Montreal Fashion Moms ~
http://montrealfashionmoms.blogspot.com/