Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

We'll miss you Oprah!


On Wednesday this week I witnessed the final curtain call of the Oprah show. And it truly was a very bittersweet experience for me. I mean no more Oprah shows?  That's a hard pill to swallow.  Though I am not a person who watched every day, I cannot even recall how many of these shows I've watched and fondly remember.  Too many to count. I've had Aha moments, Oh No! moments and all the other moments in between.  Most of all though, I have learned many lessons and was challenged by someone bold enough to shine a spotlight on the good, the bad and the ugly.  Am sure it was hard but Oprah did what she felt was her mission.  She just wanted to make a positive difference in people's lives.  I couldn't hold back the tears when I saw the millions of people whose lives she has touched in some way, many of them coming back to say thank you. Some she will never meet or know about.




From the mega stars to the heart beat of the Oprah show, the house wives, they all came forward to say thank you.  I say thank you too Oprah.  Thank you for showing us that the greatest gift we have to give the world is ourselves.  Thank you for showing us that we can love ourselves and others, idiosyncrasies and all!  You showed us that achieving greatness simply means fulfilling one's purpose, whatever it is.  And you showed us by example. Though you came from such humble beginnings you believed that God had a purpose for your life and you thrived......and thrived....and achieved the unimaginable. God speed and I know that you will continue to shine. As for us....we say goodbye to your show but we will keep you close to our hearts.





1 comment:

Katy said...

You articulated this beautifully. I missed the curtain call but I cried during the last episode. I feel like I've learned so much from watching Oprah and I really will miss her inspiration and life lessons.