Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Imperfectly Perfect


As Paula Dean would say, hey Y'all (in my best Southern drawl impression.....which is pretty bad).  How was Christmas?  Hope you had a blast, hope your family didn't drive you mad.  Okay, I know, too soon.

Well, Christmas for me was quiet and relaxing which gave me the opportunity to do what I love best.  Craft!  I had a ball I must say and I learned a lot. 



 I am a relentless nit-picker perfectionist when it comes to my own work and while that has it's benefits, it also comes with drawbacks as well.  Last weekend I had a mini-melt down.  I was experimenting with new materials and everything seemed to be going well then all of a sudden I realized why I was not quite satisfied with the piece.  I was playing it too safe.  I was afraid I would mess it up. Eureka! Then, my lightening fast mind reflected (5 minutes later) on all the pieces I did that I loved and got rave reviews for, most of them already sold.  They had spunk, style, daring, and in your face swag!  Why? Well, because I had thrown caution to the winds.  And when I did, my work took on a life of their own, they became something better than perfect. They became expressive......people felt something when they saw it. And that is what I want most of all.


So with this being said, it's on like donkey kong!  Expect to see this new attitude manifested in my blog.  This is a life lesson that is not just about my Art, it encompasses everything and I couldn't be happier to see where this takes me.  From now am holding nothing back.  You may be shocked, inspired, confused, amazed or even motivated to pray for my sanity but I promise you, you won't be bored!

Cherio!

3 comments:

Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass said...

SO SO BEAUTIFUL! You are SO talented! I love your work! :)

I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas, and you had time to make such pretty things! :)

I'm also excited for to hold nothing back! Being true to who you are is beautiful! :)

lauradora said...

Lovely I especially love the first necklace it's fun and glamorous at the same time. Your so talented.

Joy Page Manuel said...

"...they became expressive and people felt something".....Great point and very insightful! It's true that this is so much more valuable than boring perfection, isn't it? :-))