Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Joy To The World!



Christmas is by far my favorite holiday.  There is a wonder, grace and beauty about this season more than any other.......and there is a joy that is  truly as undeniable as it is infectious.    

One of my absolute favorite things about Christmas though, is the nativity scenes and vintage paintings depicting the birth of Christ. Although these are steadily being replaced by more commercialized or "politically correct art", this is what warms my heart and makes me feel like it's Christ-mas.  

So without further ado, here are some of the paintings and nativity scenes I am in love with at the moment, enjoy!




 




Cherio!

3 comments:

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I like the first image. I remember acting in plays at church about the birth of Jesus.

Nekky said...

The pictures are so wonderful and divine. I love them. Hope you had a beautiful Christmas. Stopping over from AFRICAN BLOGGERS COMMUNITY.

Joy Page Manuel said...

The nativity scene is also my favorite Christmas decoration. And I suppose it is most touching and most meaningful because in these images, we are reminded of Christ's humanity....that he was born, he was vulnerable just like everybody else, and yet surpassed all those limitations and did not make excuses. As God, choosing humanity was the greatest sacrifice. Great images, Wanda! Thanks!