Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just Do it!.....Again


So today I wrote this long post "Just Do It" about being true to yourself, achieving personal goals and persevering through it all....and what happens?  There was a hiccup on blogger and ALL of my post was deleted.  Honestly I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I might have done a little of both.  Man was I frustrated and hoppin mad.  But then it occurred to me, isn't that what the previous post was all about?  To not give up..... to get it done against all odds.  Hmmmmmmm, someone needs to follow their own advice and man up!  And so I did with this post.

We are often told "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" but I today I kinda wanted to squeeze those lemons in life's eye. If only for a little while.  I had to remind myself that this was not a big deal.  That, while thoroughly irritating, in the grand scheme of things a blog post deletion is pretty minor.  The way I respond to it  however is much more important.  I could choose to be in a foul mood and throw the towel in or I could exercise some true grit and JUST DO IT! Again.


And so today by the most ironic twist of fate, I was reminded again of a most valuable lesson I learned a long time ago.  Learn from your mistakes and celebrate your successes but
Keep.  Moving.  Forward. 

Cherio!

3 comments:

lauradora said...

Wonderful advice, It's a lesson I'm slowly learning as I grow older.

Inspire Me Heather said...

And have fun while you're doing it!

Lindsay said...

I know how you feel. I hate having those kind of days...