Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Three Tier Cake and A Bucket...List


Yesterday while I was doing my most hated and detested chore.....sorting miscellaneous paper, somewhere in the chaos I found an old version of my bucket list.  I mean really old....like seventeen years ago.   Everything on it was familiar to me except one thing.  I wanted to bake a three tier professional wedding cake by myself and decorate it.  Say what now?....   For a novice like me, I might as well be building the Taj Mahal.   Wedding cakes are no joke.

Almost immediately I understood exactly why I had dropped it from my list.  I also understood exactly why I had to put it back.  I am not going to let a little old cake get the best of me.  And to show you how serious I am, I will post this cake in whatever state it comes out when am done with it.  I think my birthday on the first of July this year would be a great day for my cake's debut.  Ha ha, lord help me.   I do love to bake though so one thing I am not lacking is the passion to do this.  Whatever the outcome, it will be exciting, educational......and possibly hilarious. Either way, it's on like donkey kong!

So lovelies, as I venture into the world of butter cream and fondant, I would love to hear any feed back from you talented bakers out there. I want my cake to be beautiful and tasty.....non leaning and more than anything else, topple free.
Pretty please.

Here are a few inspiration cakes am in love with at the moment....lol, if I can do something similar to one of these, I would need to have my head deflated.  Seriously, I would be pretty proud of me. You would be too!

Cherio!
All pictures in this
post are courtesy of
www.marthastewart.com







8 comments:

M.D. Harness said...

I am a sucker for beautiful cakes! Good luck on your new "old" ambition, I will be watching for pics!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog, so glad that you left encouraged! Blessings to you for an amazing Spirit filled week!!

Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass said...

What a fun thing to have on your bucket list! How even MORE fun that you found an old bucket list!!! I love finding stuff like that - it really takes you back and makes you think about things.

I look forward to seeing your creation! :)

Kajal said...

Love the list.

your newest follower from the blog hop. you can find me at http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

That's quite a challenge, lady. But if anyone can do it, you can!

momto8 said...

can you imagine?! how beautiful. When we went to pick out my daughters wedding cake the baker had over 3000 decorated cakes to choose from...unbelievable really. good luck with your bucket list!!

Loressa said...

Oh man! I had a cake period myself...I am over it:) Good luck on your bucket list though! So I see you have already received thee versatile blogger award...but I am linking you in my post anyway because I love your blog!

lauradora said...

I'm so exited to see what you come up with. Good Luck!

Strawberry said...

I love to cook and baking is my favorite. I made and decorated a cake for my husband's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary several years ago. I really enjoyed it but not sure I want to try a wedding cake-at least not for a real wedding! Good luck on yours.

BTW-Thank you for visiting my blog and your very kind words! I enjoyed reading through some of your blogs. I wrote one on bucket lists, but it was mainly about travel.