Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Goodwill Hunting - Bargains For All!

When it comes to bargain shopping, I am like a lion on the Serengeti, I can stalk, hunt and negotiate with the best of them...........plus I totally enjoy the whole experience.  It is a great feeling to see your hard earned money go farther and accomplish much more than you expected.  It never gets old.


A few weeks ago, a very dear friend of mine sent me a link to www.shopgoodwill.com and as the saying goes "the rest is history".  I am obsessed with this site.   It is not just "a" goodwill shop, it is ALL of the goodwill shops in the US combined and available online.  Imagine that and I dare you not to get happy. 
From collectibles to Art, Sports memorabilia, vintage jewelry and so much more, you can find it all there on the site.  All you you need is a little patience to sort through the extensive listings.  Trust me, it pays off big time so take your time and have fun!


Once you find what you want, you can go ahead and bid on it. Just sign up/create an account which is a very easy process and you are ready to bargain!  After that, if you are the winning bidder on an item, once it is paid for, your purchase will be shipped to you.  Easy, peasy. This is perfect for anyone with an ebay business since you can buy collectibles for a good price and sell them over.  Check it out, it is so worth it.



All of the pieces shown in this post are items that I am bidding on or won already.  What do you think?
This is a very old oil painting, it is signed by the artist and worth a lot more than I paid for it. Cha ching!

This piece is a vintage necklace, the stones are glass set against a gold tone base.

This is a vintage still life I fell in love with, the colors are exquisite in this piece.

 
    And finally the piece de resistance, a Vintage Xinling Gorge Watercolor Scroll. I adore this piece. 

Cherio!

8 comments:

momto8 said...

oh my goodness..this is a great concept...i bet there are great finds here! thank you!! I am happy with my .50 sugar bowl....that was $19.99 in target!!!

Rashida said...

WOW! why did I not know this, LOL ! Girl you got me hooked!

Beauty and the Green said...

Yep, that site is addictive. If I stay away for a few day I go into withdrawal. Lol.

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Oh man... I need to get up on that so that I can find some vintage jewelry and art work. So cool! Whoever thought of this site is genius!

Peaches Ledwidge said...

thanks for sharing, I'll check it out.

Pop Champagne said...

the vintage necklace is so pretty! such a statement piece!

Lindsay said...

Wow, I've never heard of that website! Must check it out now.

lauradora said...

wow great pieces I love the vintage necklace. I wonder if there is a Canadian equivalent.