Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Done And Done!

http://static.tmag.tas.gov.au/tayenebe/workshops/bicheno.html

A few weeks ago in my post Are You Ready For This! I shared with you how I had won the opportunity to showcase some of my work in a design challenge.  I had entered the contest on a whim so when I got confirmation that I had made the cut I was really surprised and so excited.

The challenge was to create original pieces/Art from indigenous plant fibers.  I did just that with palm leaves, sisal, burlap and hemp.  I also accented my pieces with feathers, shells and seeds.






Well, today I am happy to report that my work is completed and presently being viewed in the prestigious New Providence Art gallery in Nassau, Bahamas. It has come a long way from this conceptual sketch.  Many thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement.  It means a lot to me.



Hmmmm, I wonder what I should I do next............

Cherio!

6 comments:

Meanqueen said...

These are beautiful, you have some amazing ideas. Love 'em :o)

Beauty and the Green said...

Thanks! I love nature so I was really excited to see what I could do with the plant fibers.

lauradora said...

These are just gorgeous, you are very talented.

Jessica said...

OMGosh! You are so talented! How can I get a necklace like that???

Jessica said...

I'm so in LOVE with the necklace! OMG, will it be for sale?????

Beauty and the Green said...

Jessica, the necklace is still in a gallery showing but if you need some similar I can make it for you. Thanks so much for the compliment.