Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow........






Somebody please tell me, is the GREEN THUMB, instinctive, inherited, cultivated, learned or is it simply a gift?  Honestly am confused.  Seems like plants perform better for certain folks....  Case in point, my sister Shanda.  This lady is no joke.  She knows her way around a garden after years of experience but initially she was a newbie just like me and her plants still flourished. 




Recently my sister and her husband bought a beautiful new home and already once again, the place already looks like a mini garden of Eden.




 Hmmmmmm, maybe the green thumb is selective???  I tell you what though, the brown thumb is equal opportunity....lots of plants have bit the dust under my supervision. And trust me, I took good care of them but to no avail, they still died.  Sigh.  Oh well, there is still a bright spot here.  I have a sister who happens to be a guru at this so I will let her teach me the ropes.  Maybe I can finally have that little garden I crave....hey, a girl can hope.

Cherio!

4 comments:

Wean said...

How does your garden grow ? it doesn't at the moment it's still under ****** water !

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

I have terrible allergies and wouldn't be able to garden even if I wanted to. But I am ALWAYS jealous when I see others and their stunningly beautiful gardens. So jealous.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Not much happening now.... I admire people who take the time to create such beauty.

Annmarie Pipa said...

somebody is doing something right by looking at those pictures...wow...beautiful!