Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Simple Things


A few days ago my sister mentioned to me that my brother-in-law loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  Huh? For some reason this intrigued me. I had never had it or even heard of this combo prior to this so immediately after our conversation I made one. It took me less than 2 minutes to make and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it.  It was so yummy!  

It kinda got me thinking about the simple things in life that we sometime overlook or take for granted.  How we may have all the ingredients, talents, possibilities right in front of us sometimes but somehow fail to enjoy or even realize what we have.  

Simple things like:

warm hugs,

               laughing until you snort

                                    The wind in your hair.

       The wag in your dog's tail when you come home from work

                                                                                      a good hair day

The sound of your hubby's key in the door....

                                             Watching a sunset

                       the feeling you get when you accomplish a goal....

                                                                                          breathing 

 the first bite of chocolate..........or any kind of pie
                    
                                               being pain free

I am convinced that the best things in life are free.  Enjoy them while you can.

Cherio!
















5 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

I love your list! That sandwich looks really good, too. I've never had a peanut butter bannana sandwich grilled. I'll have to try it.

Laura said...

mm that sandwich looks so good I might have to give it a try myself.
I defiantly agree the best things in life are free.

Toia said...

I think that is so true. Many of us take the smallest things for granted. We look for God in the big things but He shows up in the simplest things that can make our day and put a smile on your faces.

PS - I know my kids will love this sandwich. Thanks for sharing!!

Alicia said...

I wholeheartedly agree -- the best things in life ARE free! I love this list (and used to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches all the time in college)! A good hair day, hugs and kisses from my little guy, accomplishing a goal... ALL free things!

Jessica said...

sigh....so glad I stopped by :) What a lovely post. I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches too. Next time, add honey or Nutella...you will love it!