Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Everything Has A Place


If there is a poster child for stubborn, yours truly would definitely be it.  Am a big girl now so I can finally admit that.  When I dig my heels in, it is over......like no use talking to me anymore, forget about it over.

Well, now that I am in business for myself, I can truly say that being stubborn is a good trait.  Sometimes.   Case in point.  About 10 years ago received an idea that I know for sure was God given for a business.  I have worked on it since then but never felt in my heart/gut that I was ready to launch it until two weeks ago.  In this case my stubbornness paid of.  Now, I can see the level of maturity in my work compared to where I was years ago.  All of the struggle and pain I endured to get to this point has made me a better designer, a better person.  I am more determined and focused than I have ever been.  Ever.



It is so ironic that the catalyst for all of this great introspection and change came from something bad. Well it did.  I have been going through a health battle for almost a year now and it got to the point where I wondered if I would even be here to accomplish any of my dreams.  That was a really low point for me. Fast forward to 2013, to my healthy diet plan, fitness, prayer and other positive changes I made in my life.....changes that made all the difference.   I am feeling better, much better.  I had dug my heels in again and vowed that with Gods help I would get well and do Everything that he called me to do.  This is a promise I plan to keep.  I will keep you posted as I start my journey in the Christian fashion world.  I am sure there will be many challenges along the way but I know that I am not alone. I have the support of so many beautiful people, friends, family, and of course my faith in God and his plan for my life.  The word of God inspires me every day.

              This scripture especially has encouraged me through it all... 

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Hmmmmm, maybe I am not stubborn at all.  Maybe, I am just steadfast.  Ha ha, o-k-a-y, but steadfast does sound a whole lot better.

Cherio!









No comments: