Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Weekend Warrior Project - Guest post by Shanda Neighbors

I tend to be an all or nothing kinda gal. I'm either doing everything, or nothing at all. This weekend due to the weather and the time change, I was in do everything mode. 
We bought a house a just over a year ago. It was a foreclosure and the task of making it home on a tiny budget was frankly, overwhelming. For the longest time I did nothing... but complain. In the last few months though, the idea of starting small has gained momentum. I decided I'd tackle my "projects" one at a time. This weekend's project was to make a french mid century modern chest in the master bedroom reflective of the people that share that room. Sounds simple, but my husband taste is more like this:
Now doesn't that just scream MAN!!!! The problem is my taste is more like this:


I'll admit it, this is feminine. So how do I make us both happy? How do I take this:



and make it reflect us both? This is what I came up with:







It was a lot of work, but I like the results. This dresser has a mate, any guesses what (God willing) this weekend's project will be?

Cherio!

Check out Shanda's blog at www.aboutloveandtruth.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Peaches Ledwidge said...

You can really transform things for the better.

Alicia said...

You did that yourself?! That's awesome! I'm super impressed. I really need to get more into the DIY things because I'm planning on moving to a new apartment before the year is over and would love to decorate. LOL.

Jennifer said...

Wow, this is an amazing transformation! I'm here from MBC and am following you with GFC. I love blogs with a focus on home improvement, decor and crafting. I really look forward to reading more. If you'd like to check out my blog, it's at http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com :)

Momma Melly said...

Absolutely amazing job! :) I bet your husband is very impressed! It's beautiful. ♥

Lindsay said...

You did an awesome job!! And I am loving your taste of home decor! :)