Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Boho Chic Skirt - A Fabulous Blast From The Past


A few days ago my sister sent me an email with all kinds of fabulous boho chic skirts attached that she had found on the net.  It took me back.....way back and brought back so many good memories.  I remember the textures, originality and swag of those skirts.  They were daring and unapologetic.  Any girl wearing one of them, you just knew she could care less what you thought...she was her own woman in every sense of the word.

Somewhere along the way though, clothes became a lot more tame.

Streamlined.  

Standardized

Sensible

Normal

 Now, only the brave, eccentric, hippies, or out of the box personalities wear these skirts.  

So sad.

And so I bring to you my fav Boho chic skirts.  It really doesn't get any better than this.  I have a closet full of them and I wear them ever so proudly.  All it takes is a few modern touches to work this look.  Whether it is shoes and accessories or a simple tee shirt, this is a super easy style to modernize and rock.
But don't just take my word for it, check these pics out and see for yourself.  Enjoy!




















Cherio











6 comments:

Laura said...

They're all so pretty it's hard to pick a favorite.

Jennifer said...

I love all of them. I wear skirts pretty often; I'd rather wear a skirt than pants!

Alicia said...

You know, I've been loving on those skirts -- from afar. I love the way they look, but I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to pull it off. I got some inspiration on this post, so we'll see...

Momma Melly said...

Wow! They are all so gorgeous! Love, love LOVE! :) I don't think I'd be able to chose a favorite!

Mogulinteriordesign said...

Gorgeous skirt
http://www.mogulinteriordesigns.com/category/26884634861/1/Skirts.htm

Bhushavali N said...

Beautiful!!! Love the skirts! My fav. is that multicolored checkered pinafore skirt and also that fruit print skirt!!! :)
Stop by my blog too sometime dear! :)
FASHION PANACHE BLOG
Google Plus | Bloglovin | Networked Blogs | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest